We have seen in the previous characters how you can use internal voice, external voice and actions to force your reader to engage in your novel.
In this section, we will go one step further and look at dialogue in more detail.
- You will learn how to write dialogue that is crisp and realistic.
- You will also discover how to control your dialogue so the reader remains engaged, whilst fleshing out your character’s personality.
- We will discover new techniques that will help you to stay on the Show, Don’t Tell straight and narrow, learning tricks that will force you to kill TELL at conception.
- We will delve into the basic grammar of dialogue.
- Finally, we will consider thoughts and their role, if any, in the Show, Don’t Tell methodology.